If you provide Personal Data to this Site, you acknowledge and agree that such Personal Data may be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of the Company and the authorized third parties referred to herein located in the United States.
Information Collected Through the Site: We collect Personal Data through the Site when you voluntarily chose to provide us with such Personal Data, such as through one or more of the following options:
- Registration: In order to set up a Registered User Account, we will need some of your personal information (name, email address and some optional demographic and lifestyle data to help us personalize your experience). Registration is required in order to place orders and make purchases at www.WilshireBeauty.com. However, you may visit and browse the Site without registration.
- Placing Orders: A billing address and telephone number as well as a shipping address and credit card information is required when you place an order with www.WilshireBeauty.com. Once you place an order, you will become a registered user. While your billing name, address and shipping information is kept on file, we do not store your credit card information in order to better protect you. You may change / update your personal information at any time by logging into your account.
- Surveys, Contests & Sweepstakes: To participate in any of these opportunities, you must register / be registered at www.WilshireBeauty.com. In addition to the personal information required for registration (see above) you may also be asked for certain demographic information. In most cases, this information is required for participation.
- Blogs and Postings. Users may participate in forums and blogs with other users concerning Company products provided such functionality is available on our Site. While we do not actively mine for your Personal Data disseminated in such blogs and forums, we will be storing the content as User Generated Content and therefore collect such information indirectly. We do not share your Personal Data with other users, we will not monitor the exchange of Personal Data that you disclose to such other users in forums and blogs.
Advertisers. We may display third party advertisements on the Site. In some instances, users may request more information from these third parties concerning their respective products and/or services by clicking on such advertisement. Some of our third party advertisers offer to contact our users directly as a way to follow up a user’s interest in its products and/or services. In such cases, users will be asked for their Personal Data, and by providing your Personal Data in such a fashion, a user is consenting to being contacted by such third party.
Demographics Information. Through the use of certain technologies we are able to track and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Site. The Company automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including IP addresses, cookie information, and the Site pages requested. The Company only uses this data in aggregate form, for statistical purposes, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users access parts of the Site so that we can improve the Site and the Content. This information may be shared with advertisers and other third parties on an aggregated basis, but it does not indicate the Personal Data of individual users.
- Cookies are small bits of information that are stored on your computer hard drive by your web browser. Our cookies do not collect or contain Personal Data. While you may turn off your computer’s acceptance of cookies through your browser, your full use of the Site may be restricted.
- We collect your computer’s IP addresses in order to conduct system administration, report aggregate information to third parties and to conduct Site analysis. While we do not associate IP addresses with records containing Personal Data, we will use IP addresses to identify any user who refuses to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Our Disclosure of your Personal Data and Other Information: The Company considers your Personal Data to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: The Company retains the services of third party vendors to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, fulfillment facilities and processing payments. When we employ third parties to perform such functions, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
Legal Requirements: The Company may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Data may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
External Links: Our Site may provide links to various third party web sites which are provided solely for your convenience. However, even if a third-party affiliation exists between the Site and that destination site, we do not exercise authority over these linked sites, each of which maintains independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures. We do not assume responsibility or liability for these independent methods or actions and are not responsible for the independent policies or procedures of destination sites. Similarly, we cannot take responsibility for the privacy initiatives or the content of such web sites. These links to third party web sites are provided only for your convenience, and as such, you access them at your own risk. However, we wish to ensure the integrity of the Site and its destination links, so any comments pertaining to the Site or any Sites accessed through these links are greatly appreciated.
Security: We employ reasonable security measures in place to protect against the theft, misuse and alteration of the Personal Data under our control. Personal Data is stored in a secured database, excluding your credit card information which is only stored until your order has been processed… Industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) authentication is used to increase the likelihood of confidentiality and security of online transactions made on the Site. SSL authentication and encryption of the information that you send to us over the Internet help protect your online transaction information from being intercepted by a third party. Additional safeguards include the limited and partial display (last four digits only) of your credit card number to authorized Company personnel.
You may also help safeguard your Personal Data by taking necessary precautions. We recommend that you never disclose your account password to any person(s) nor transmit such information in an email or other correspondence or telephone calls. We will never ask you for your password except that our technology will require such information when you log into your account.
Unfortunately however, given the nature of the Internet, we are unable to completely eliminate any possibility of risk. We are therefore unable to guarantee that the information you transmit is safe from interception and as such, you transmit all information at your own risk.
Choice/Opt-Out: Our Site gives users the opportunity to opt-out to receive communications from us and our third party advertisers at the point where we request information about the user. This Site also gives users the opportunity to stop receiving these communications at any time by editing their User account preferences. You will find an opt-out option at the bottom of all communications, or you may write to us at the below address to opt out of future communications not directly related to your access to the Site and your account:
5401 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Note that should you wish to opt out of receiving emails, we will be unable to notify you of promotions, events or new product arrivals.
- Age Requirements and Limitations for Use of Site. We adhere to Federal Regulation designed to protect the privacy of children. As such, children under 13 may use the site for browsing purposes only. They may not register as a user or make purchases from the Site or engage in activity that requires collection of Personal Data by the Company.